Coping with Snow and Flooding
- Make essential journeys only. If you must travel, make sure that you are fully prepared for all events and conditions. Obtain a weather forecast and if possible determine the road conditions for the journey you are going to take.
- Put a car emergency pack in your car at the beginning of winter.
Precautions if flooding looks likely:
- Put home emergency pack in a safe, accessible place.
- Protect doorways and low level vents with sandbags. REMEMBER to unblock these vents before switching everything back on.
- Move valuables, food and other possessions upstairs where possible.
- Turn off gas and electricity if flooding is definitely about to happen.
- Remain near a window and try to attract attention.
- Co-operate fully with the emergency services.
- DO NOT switch on electricity or gas until these have been inspected.
- DO NOT use food that has been in contact with Flood Water.
For Further Information Contact
Emergency Planning Officer, Emergency Planning
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452537 / 450000