Household Waste & Recycling
Cancellation of garden waste collections due 5th - 9th March
As a result of the recent severe weather it was necessary to cancel the above collections. These will now begin in week commencing 26th March.
Please note that collections due to start from Monday 12th March are unaffected by this cancellation and bins should be presented as normal.
Containers and Bins
We supply the following waste containers to householders:
- A Blue bin collected fortnightly for paper, cardboard, plastic, tins and cans
- A Blue box collected weekly for glass, small electricals and batteries
- A Plastic bag collected weekly for textiles and shoes
- A Grey caddy collected weekly for all types of food
- A Brown Bin collected seasonally for garden material
- A Green bin for material that currently cannot be recycled
On Collection Day
- You can now use our Bin / Waste Collection calendar to find your waste collection date.
- The blue and green bins should be placed along with your box, caddy and textile bag on the kerbside for 7.00am.
- Please ensure all bin and caddy lids are closed to prevent litter and reduce accidents caused by overfilled bins falling from the collection vehicle.
- Please avoid unnecessary obstruction by removing your waste bins, boxes and caddies from the kerbside as soon as practical.
- Excess waste is not lifted, but you may request a Bulky Uplift or use the Forthbank Recycling Centre in Alloa.
- Properties which lack the facilities to recycle, such as blocks of flats, will be included as soon as it is practical.
During the Christmas holidays your collection may change, please check our web page and local press for changes. Other holidays will not affect your service.
Report Missed Bins
If your bin has not been emptied then please check to see if it has a tag explaining the reason. We cannot empty bins if they contain the wrong materials. Should this be the case please follow the advice on the tag.
If it is after 4pm and there is no tag then we may genuinely have missed it. If this is the case please follow the advice on the missed bins link.
Help with taking your bin out
If you cannot present your bin/box, we may do this for you if there is no-one else in your household to do this.
Contact us using the details at the bottom of this page to have an officer call and check if you are eligible for this service.
We are improving the Quality of our Recycling and everyone has a part to play. Please visit our Get Recycling Right page for more information.
- Visit the Recycling A to Z web page for more information on what can and cannot be recycled locally.
- Our FAQs page has more information on the collection service.
- Visit the Forth Upcycling Network page for information on their program of events on how to give unwanted items a new lease of life.
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000