Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

ClacksWeb - Clackmannanshire Council Online

Fuel Debt

Fuel Debt

If you are in debt to a supplier, it is important not to ignore it. A good first step is to take up-to-date meter readings and phone your supplier to find out what you owe and discuss it. Suppliers operate under a billing code which requires them to negotiate affordable repayments with customers who have fuel debt.

Home Energy Advice Team

Our specially trained energy advisers can advise you on reducing your energy bills and tackling existing fuel debt. Call 01259 450000 and ask to make an appointment with a member of our team.

A drop-in surgery also operates every Tuesday 9.30-4 at our offices at Kilncraigs, Alloa. Our reception staff will direct you to the drop-in office. Bring any relevant letters and bills with you.

Home Energy Scotland (HES)

Home Energy Scotland offers free and impartial advice on energy efficiency, heating, insulation and other related matters.
A home energy check, based on individual circumstances, can be produced at your request detailing specific measures and grants suitable to your situation. HES can also provide free energy advice and information on various energy related grants and loans.

Citizens Advice Scotland

CAB offer free advice and support if you are having any problems with electricity and gas bills or have existing fuel debt.

National Debtline

For advice on debt generally, phone the National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 (free from landlines and mobiles).

Pension Service

The Pension Service offers a benefit check and advice service for pensioners. This helpline can be used by a person who has reached pensionable age or their family.

Age Scotland

Age Scotland has a helpline offering income maximisation and impartial advice on a wide range of matters affecting elderly people.

Additional help

There are various charitable funds which accept applications from domestic customers and which make grants to clear or reduce fuel debt. Please refer to our Charitable funds that can clear fuel debt page.

For Further Information Contact

Home Energy Advice Team
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000