Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Home Care and Home Helps

Home Care and Home Helps

Home Care Icon

Getting help at home

Clackmannanshire Council Assessment and Care Management Service can arrange and provide, in some circumstances, a home care service (home helps or carers) to help people to maintain their independence in their own familiar surroundings at home.

A home carer can assist with a wide variety of daily living tasks, including personal care and household tasks such as dressing, washing, getting to the toilet, preparing meals, supervising medication, doing laundry and shopping.

People in the following community care groups may receive home care services:

  • Older people and those with dementia
  • People who have physical disabilities and/or sensory impairments
  • People who have mental health problems
  • People who have learning disabilities

Home Care services are requested and provided through an assessment by the Assessment and Care Management teams. Depending on a person's financial circumstances there may be a charge for the service, although help with personal care is generally provided free of charge to older people, i.e. those 65 and over.

Some people may also be eligible for Direct Payment to purchase their own service, the Community Care Assessment Teams can provide information about this.

Please contact your local Social Services Assessment and Care Management Team to request an assessment for yourself or another individual for this service.

For Further Information Contact

Adult Care
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452498 / 450000