Social Services Plans
This page sets out information on the key aims, objectives and outcomes that Clackmannanshire Social Services are trying to achieve.
Plans for each service within Social Services are currently being finalised. These will include plans for each team.
Social Services Business Plan
The Social Services Business Plan covers the work of the service. It explains our links to corporate priority outcomes, details key performance indicators, and provides an action plan to take the service forward in its journey towards excellence.
This plan reflects the Council's corporate strategy, community planning priorities and Local Outcomes Improvement Plan, and shows how our service will meet those priorities whilst enabling us to plan our services in a business like manner.
Social Services has a statutory responsibility for the protection and promotion of welfare and well being of children, vulnerable adults and communities.
The core business of the service is to provide social care (protection and support), promote inclusion, and partnership working. This work sits within a landscape of personal choice, joint working, prevention and early intervention. In this context we aim to:
- provide a service that ensures equality of access to all and actively promotes non-discrimination,
- maintain and develop services to protect children and young people at risk or in trouble,
- provide care and protection for children looked after and accommodated by the Council,
- arrange services for children and adults with learning or physical disabilities,
- ensure care and support for older people and people with dementia, people who have mental health problems, addictions, people with learning disabilities, and people with physical disabilities.
- provide support and assistance to prevent homelessness and repeat homelessness and to increasingly sustain service users within their own communities,
- support carers and families,
- support the criminal justice system and provide alternatives to custody whilst promoting public safety and reducing levels of re-offending,
- plan and develop preventative rehabilitation services for individuals or communities at risk,
- integrate service delivery to vulnerable individuals, families and communities within the Council's wider strategies for social inclusion and regeneration,
- arrange welfare advice and counselling services for vulnerable individuals or groups,
- deliver services of the highest quality in partnership and consultation with users and carers, providers and the wider community.
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000