Library Visits and Click and Collect
From Monday 10 August we are welcoming customers back into the lending areas of the Speirs Centre and Ben Cleuch Centre and are also opening up Sauchie CAP.
Customers will still see some small changes to normal service in line with Scottish Government guidelines ie
- Lending and pc time is limited to 45 minutes
- Newspapers and soft seating have been removed from reading areas
Click and Collect arrangements remain the same for those that prefer that option. See details below.
Services available if visiting our libraries (from Monday 10 August)
The following outlines services on offer and health measures that will be in place during this phase:
- Opening times will be extended - days and times detailed below.
- Lending areas will be opened up to allow members of the public to browse stock and return items. Face masks must be worn by customers.
- PC access remains limited:
- Staff will book customers onto PCs to ensure sign up to track and trace system.
- PC access limited to 45 minutes only with no extensions to time allowed.
- Staff will clean down all equipment after each use.
- Face masks must be worn by customers.
- Public toilets available.
- Photocopying/printing facilities available.
- Replacement hearing aid batteries available.
- Social distancing measures to be followed with staff on hand to guide customers.
- Customers entering into the public areas of the library will be asked to complete track and trace document.
- Mezzanine area within the Speirs Centre will remain closed.
Opening hours from Monday 10 August
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday: Closed
Ben Cleuch Centre
- Monday: 9am - 12.30pm and 2.30 - 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 12.30pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 12.30pm and 2.30 - 5pm
- Thursday: 9am - 12.30pm
- Friday: 9am - 12.30pm and 2.30 - 5pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Monday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 12.30pm and 1.30 - 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 1.30 - 4.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am - 12.30pm and 1.30 - 4.30pm
- Friday: 9.30am - 12.30pm and 1.30 - 4.30pm
- Saturday: Closed
Click and Collect service
The Click and Collect system remains in place and is available from the 3 libraries:
- The Speirs Centre, Alloa and
- The Ben Cleuch Centre, Tillicoultry
- Sauchie CAP
We are unable to offer this service in the other 2 libraries at present as they remain closed.
Phone to place a Click and Collect request
Phone the library to place your Click and Collect request:
- Speirs Centre, Alloa: 01259 452262
- Ben Cleuch Centre, Tillicoultry: 01259 452202
- Sauchie CAP: 01259 452208
Have your Library membership card ready as you will need that to request items. If you are not currently a library member you will of course be able to join.
Click and Collect item selection
To borrow items via Click and Collect, you must let us know your requirements in advance. When you call we will ask you for the following information:
- Item type – do you require books, large print or spoken word?
- Age range – are you looking for Adult, Teenage or Children’s materials?
- Category/genre – what kind of items do you wish to read: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Classics, Crime, Historical, Science Fiction etc?
- Authors – are there any particular authors you enjoy reading?
- Number of items required – you can request up to 5 items
As stock is limited to what is in currently available in each of these libraries, you will not be able to ask for specific book titles as they may be currently unobtainable in another location.
Our library management system can tell staff if you have had a title out before, therefore we are hopeful that we can supply you with stock that you haven’t read before.
Click and Collect requests are restricted to a maximum of 5 items per customer. There is no charge for this service.
Please do not request books via the social media pages as we will not be able to respond.
Collection of items
Collection slots must be pre-arranged. Once we have items ready for you, we will call you to arrange a suitable collection slot. We will ask you:
- Day – what is the best day for you to collect the items
- Date – what is the best date for you to collect items
- Time – what is the best time for you to collect items
You will be advised to go to the library entrance door when collecting items. Staff will provide your items from this entrance. Please bear in mind the guidance in place at each location:
- You should follow all signposted instructions and one-way systems
- It is your responsibility to observe social distancing from others, however floor markings will indicate distance between customers
- Once you have collected your books you are expected to leave as soon as possible.
Please also note that we will allow you to return any items that you have out on your library ticket at these two locations, even if these locations were not your issuing library.
If you need to cancel or re-arrange your collection slot for any reason please let us know.
Please do not visit if you develop any symptoms associated with COVID-19 prior to your collection time slot.
Customer confidence in using our services
We want to reassure our library customers that we are following strict quarantine guidelines with returned books being placed into storage for 72 hours and then undergoing cleaning before being returned to stock rotation.
If your query has not been covered, please email email@example.com.