Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Council Tax Single Person Discount Review FAQs

Council Tax Single Person Discount Review FAQs

The council is currently conducting a review of all single person discounts offered to residents who live alone. We aim to provide these residents with the best possible service during the review, by offering clear instructions for completing forms to be returned to the council.

However, occasionally circumstances may not be so easy to explain. To help in these situations we have included the most frequently asked questions that can arise throughout this review period.

Why have I been sent this letter?

Clackmannanshire Council are required to ensure that all Council Tax discounts are awarded correctly. We are simply verifying your validity to claim single person discount.

How do I complete the form?

  • Complete the online form and enter your PIN number as shown on your letter
  • Call 01259 696016 and follow the telephone instructions
  • Complete the form manually and return to: Single Person Discount Review, PO Box 152, Twickenham TW2 6XZ 

What happens if I don’t complete the form?

Your Council Tax discount will be removed.

What credit information do you hold on me?

We don’t hold any credit information on you, if you want to see your credit file please contact any of the major credit reference agencies:

What happens if the form is completed after the 14 day deadline given?

As long as the completed form is returned within a reasonable amount of time you will not be penalised. If the form is late, you may end up receiving a reminder letter. Please complete the form as before.

What should I do if someone is using my address for correspondence only?

Include their name and full residential address, this will then be verified.

I have already informed the Council of a change in circumstances. Do I need to complete the form?

Yes, include all the details of your current situation.

I receive mail for previous occupants, what should I do about this?

You need to write on the envelope that the person no longer lives at the address and return it to the sender.

A friend stays with me 3 or 4 nights a week, does this mean that I am no longer eligible?

If your friend keeps their belongings at your house then your address will be classed as their main residence therefore you are no longer eligible.

  • Who does your friend stay with the other 3 nights a week? If s/he stays at various addresses your address will still be classed as their main address.
  • Any other reason, please provide an explanation of your current situation.