Role of the Emergency Planning Unit
The unit plans and co-ordinates the response to any emergency that may require mobilisation of Council personnel and/or resources.
This is achieved through 7 main functions:
- Monitoring threats to the authority area.
- Producing and maintaining the Council's corporate emergency plans.
- Providing training for all staff who may be required to respond.
- Coordinating the Council's response to an incident in support of the Emergency Services.
- Coordinating the Council's role in leading the recovery phase of any emergency.
- Maintaining the Council's Corporate Business Continuity Management plan.
- Providing representation on the Central Scotland Strategic Coordinating Group at all levels.
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Emergency Planning Officer, Emergency Planning
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452537 / 450000