This page may not be accurate, latest service updates can be found on our dedicated COVID-19 section.
An inspection of Menstrie PS Nursery Class has received grades of 'excellent' from inspectors who found an inspirational management team who place all children at the heart of everything they do.
The inspector from the Care Inspectorate visited the nursery in June, and talked to parents, carers and young people as well as working closely with the headteacher and staff. The inspector evaluated the nursery as 'excellent' in all aspects that were inspected - Quality of Care & Support and Quality of Environment.
A number of strengths were found in the nursery's work:
- The management team worked jointly to deliver a vision that ensured children were at the heart of learning, they were inspirational and placed children at the heart of everything they did
- One of the many key strengths is the flexible, child centred transition programme which is completely in tune with children's distinct personalities, physical and learning needs
- Staff worked to plan the environment working with parents/carers and other agencies where required such as occupational and speech therapists
- The physical environment was continually enhanced by staff, who ensured that it focused on the child's learning experience
- Values of the nursery were underpinned by the curriculum it provided, for example the community cafe operated by the children which resulted in lots of learning and a focus on health and well-being.
Inspectors saw the nursery's priorities for development in their Improvement Plan, and consider that the staff are really committed to improving outcomes for children and families.
Cllr Graham Lindsay, Spokesperson for Education said: "This is a very impressive inspection report, which grades Menstrie PS Nursery Class as Excellent. It is great to see such a positive report which highlights good practice and includes a lot of comments from happy children and their parents and carers. Well done to everyone for all their hard work and effort, which reflect the focus we have on raising attainment for all our young people in Clackmannanshire."