This page may not be accurate, latest service updates can be found on our dedicated COVID-19 section.
An inspection of Clackmannan PS Nursery Class has received grades of ‘Very Good’ from inspectors who found that parents were extremely happy with the service, and were confident that staff had the skills and knowledge to support their children.
The inspector from the Care Inspectorate visited the nursery unannounced in September, and talked to parents, carers, children and staff. The inspector evaluated the nursery as ‘Very Good’ in all aspects that were inspected – Quality of Care & Support and Quality of Environment.
A number of strengths were found in the nursery’s work:
• The motivated staff team recognise the importance of working with the whole family and were skilled at building positive relationships with all family members from the outset
• Staff have sound knowledge of child development, GIRFEC (Getting it Right for Every Child) and wellbeing indicators, which result in a child centred approach that values children’s individuality, and means that they experience care and support that reflects their needs
• Staff create an inclusive and stimulating environment for the children, all areas are bright welcoming and well maintained and the children can choose what resources they want to use in play and learning
• Children were well supported when they start nursery, move room and onto school, with home visits for families of younger children starting nursery, children’s needs were explained and settling in and changes were child led
• Very good use is made of community resources to extend children’s experiences, they attended local coffee mornings, rhyme time at the library and went for walks in the woods.
Cllr Graham Lindsay, Spokesperson for Education said: “I am pleased to see this very good report for Clackmannan PS Nursery Class, which shows a lot of very positive practice. It is clear from the report that parents are extremely happy with the service, and that staff are working hard to make sure that they create a positive learning environment where children are confident and learn well. I am sure the service will continue to develop and keep improving the nursery.”