Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Help with heating and insulation - council and housing association tenants

Help with heating and insulation - council and housing association tenants

Help from the council or your housing association

If you have a query about heating or insulation, please speak in the first instance with your housing officer. The council and local housing associations are continually investing in improving energy efficiency in our housing.

A home energy check

This short personalised survey will check how energy efficient your home is and suggest practical changes and improvements. It can help you save money by reducing the amount of energy you use in your home. The survey can be done over the phone and you will be sent a 6 page personalised report by post. This will give a current and potential rating, as well as a short, medium and long-term action plan for improving the energy performance of your home.

Alternatively, you can complete the survey online .

A benefits and tax credits check

Many people miss out on money they are entitled to from benefits and tax credits - just because they don't know it's there. Home Energy Scotland can help find out if this applies to you. Some people discover they can get as much as £1,500 extra per year.

Advice on the best deal from your energy supplier

Energy suppliers also offer some people help towards their energy bills. Home Energy Scotland can advise about any discounts that may be available to help you pay less for the energy you use. In particular, they can apply for the Warm Home Discount, which is a UK Government scheme offering £140 of free electricity to vulnerable, low income households.

More information can be found on our Warm Home Discount page.

For Further Information Contact

Home Energy Advice Team
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000