Parental support and advice lines
Here are some services that operate parent support and advice lines, including outside of business hours. They are free and confidential.
Services/resources that give specific advice and guidance about additional support needs
- Education Scotland
- Scottish Government’s central information point about its work across the nation to ensure that our children and young people get the most out of their learning experience, and Parentzone is a part of their website that is specifically for parents and carers.
- Information for families and professionals about children’s rights to additional support for learning.
- Carers Trust
- Helps people of all ages who help to care for a family member, friend, or neighbour. They have groups, free events (including special Young Carer activities for children whose sibling or parent has an additional support need) and experts available to listen to you and give advice when possible.
- Autism Forth Valley
- Website for anyone who lives with, cares for, or provides services to people with autism in the Forth Valley area.
- Sleep Scotland
- Supports families of children and young people who have additional support needs and sleep problems.
- Making Sense of Sensory Behaviour
- Document produced by the Forth Valley NHS Occupational Therapy Service. It is full of helpful information about children’s behaviours that can feel very challenging for adults, but might have roots in sensory difficulties and support needs. This link is for a pdf that you can download and read from the Falkirk Council website.
- Information and advice about keeping children and young people safe online.
- Private help anytime on the phone, in a text, online chat or email, from a person who will help with problems and make sure you can be safe.
- See Me
- Young People section gives helpful information about all kinds of mental health and wellbeing questions.
- r u worried
- A booklet written by Health Scotland for ages 8-12. It is about what to do if you have worries.
Related Publications & Documents