Supporting our communities
Educating our communities, raising awareness of mental health and promoting wellbeing is important in the prevention of mental health problems developing.
Preventative provision workshops and/or courses in the community are aimed at increasing resilience are available. These include:
Raising mental health awareness and decreasing stigma
In an effort to provide a range of services and to promote mental health well-being, independence and self management, we deliver mental health awareness sessions:
- Mental Health Awareness Workshops
- Workshops are 2 - 3 hours in duration and can be delivered to local community groups.
- Aim to raise awareness of most common mental health problems and understanding of how these can affect an individual.
- For details, contact us on 01259 215048.
- Scottish Mental Health First Aid
- 3 staff members from the Integrated Mental Health Service are qualified to deliver SMHFA training and courses are regularly delivered within the local community.
- For details on course availability, call Jenny Ewen on 01786 431132.
- Wellbeing courses and resources
- Wellbeing Drop In
- We hold regular drop-in sessions in the community where you can
- drop-in for a chat
- find out about services that are available
- access self help resources
- To find out where your nearest Wellbeing Drop-in is, contact us on 01259 215048.