Blue Badge Eligibility Criteria
You may qualify for a blue badge if you meet one of the criteria listed below.
You can also refer to Transport Scotland's document Can I get a Blue Badge, a guide on applying for a Blue Badge for people in Scotland.
Automatic Criteria (without further assessment)
You will automatically qualify for a blue badge if one of the following applies:
- You are registered blind (severely sight impaired)
- Receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP) with a score of 8 points or more in the Moving Around Section with a score of 12 points in the 'Planning and Following Journeys' Section
- Receive a War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
- Received a lump sum under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and have been assessed as having a permanent disability that means you can't walk or have considerable difficulty in walking
- Apply online
Discretionary Criteria (with further assessment)
You may be eligible for a Blue Badge if you meet one of the following criteria. Please note that you will be assessed by Clackmannanshire Council to establish eligibility and may have to attend an Independent Mobility Assessment.
- Have a permanent disability that means you are unable to walk or virtually unable to walk
- Have a temporary and substantial mobility impairment that is likely to last for at least 12 months but less than 3 years and means that you are unable to walk or have considerable difficulty walking
- Drive regularly and have a severe disability in both arms and are unable to operate or have considerable difficulty in operating parking meters
- Apply online
Risk in Traffic Criteria
People with a diagnosed mental or cognitive disorder which means they have little or no awareness of danger from traffic may be considered for a Blue Badge.
At present you can't apply online under risk in traffic criteria, because you need to send in supporting information in writing.
If you wish to apply for a risk in traffic badge you should download an application form form and return it with relevant documents.
Criteria for Blue Badges for organisations
Some organisations may be eligible for a Blue Badge:
- If they care for and transport disable people who would meet the requirements to qualify for a badge themselves
- Has a clear need for an organisational badge rather than displaying the individual badges of people it is transporting
At present you can’t apply online for organisational badges. If you wish to apply for an organisational badge you should download an application form and return it with relevant documents.
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000