Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Application for National Entitlement Card

Application for National Entitlement Card

COVID-19 National Entitlement Cards

Following the temporary suspension of card production, and in line with safe physical distancing measures, limited card production for National Entitlement Cards has started again from Monday 1 June.

Applying for a renewal or replacement

We are now accepting requests for renewals and replacements for lost, stolen or broken cards. Priority is being given to those in the over 60s and disabled person’s Concessionary Travel Schemes.

Applications for new cards are still not being accepted at present.

For more information see Transport Scotland’s website.

Please also refer to our Coronavirus web pages for regular service updates.

Free bus travel for older and disabled people anywhere in Scotland

If you are over 60, disabled, registered blind, partially sighted or if you have an eligible mental health problem, you can apply for a National Entitlement Card, which will give you free travel on buses throughout Scotland.

More information is available on our frequently asked questions page.

Young Scot

If you are aged between 16 and 18 years old you will receive a Young Scot National Entitlement Card, which will allow you one third off your bus journeys in Scotland and discounts on rail travel. 

Completing an Application Form

You can print off and complete this Application Form and bring it along with proof of eligibllity to your nearest Community Access Point (CAP), Kilncraigs or the Speirs Centre in person, where staff will verify your documents to confirm your address, identity and evidence of eligibility. 

If you do not have access to a printer at home you may ask for an application form to be posted to your home address by contacting us using the details below.

Acceptable Proofs

A complete list of acceptable proofs are available via the National Entitlement Card website.

NCT002 Mental Health Certificates and NCT003 Epilepsy Certificates for the National Travel Concession are available to download for completion by an authorised person and should be submitted with the rest of your proofs.

If you don't have proof of photograph, please have the Photo Referee's Declaration on the application form completed by an appropriate Referee.  Attach a passport type photo of yourself that has been endorsed, signed and dated by the Referee.


Once your application has been processed and approved, your National Entitlement Card will be delivered to your home address.

For Further Information Contact

Public Transport
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000