Using your Blue Badge
Your blue badge must only be displayed if you are travelling in the vehicle as a driver or passenger (if someone is collecting you or dropping off and needs to park at the place where you are being collected or dropped).
Misuse of a blue badge is an offence and may lead to a £1,000 fine. Common forms of misuse of the badge include the following:
- Allowing family members or carers to use your badge when you are not with them to do something on your behalf, such as shopping or collecting something for you.
- Allowing someone who is not disabled to take benefit from your badge while you sit in the car.
- Displaying a badge photograph side up so that the details on the front cannot be read.
- Copying or tampering with the badge.
- Using the badge if it is expired or if you are no longer eligible.
The badge remains our property. We can ask for the badge to be returned if we consider that it is being misused.
If you suspect that a Blue Badge is being misused please call our Contact Centre.
When you should return your blue badge
- If the badge has expired.
- Your medical condition or mobility improves and you are no longer eligible.
- A replacement badge has been issued for one that is lost or stolen and the original is found.
- The badge becomes damaged or faded and is illegible.
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000